Friday, September 07, 2007

OMG - THAT FIRE!

So my sister (aka OPINIONHEAD) always has remarked about my remarkable slowness of movement re: ... well, nearly everything. I was horrified to discover this morning (Friday, 9-7-07) just exactly how RIGHT the DIRECTOR is. Here I thought I was being smart and clever in posting to this blog (more like sending an e-mail through this blog) about THE FIRE IN ACTON, seriously believing I was totally CURRENT in my affairs - hahahaha. Well, so today I get back on this blog (aka Lola's Lounge) and really start reading all postings going back to early this summer and, lo and behold, I realize THE FIRE she was most recently referring to was, for all intents and purposes, in her own back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all who don't know me yet, all seven of you, I truly am a turtle. I really, really believe I was a turtle in my past life, I'm merely a turtle living in human form in this life, and will most likely continue to be a turtle forever. But that I was so far behind that I didn't even know the beautiful desert hillside I once hiked (slooooooooooowly), looking for rocks (yes, rocks) for Ms. Pierce's garden had gone up in smoke -- well, it's so god-awful humiliating that I must lay myself down on the hopefully merciful pages of this fabulous blog and beg for forgiveness for my slooooooooowness.

Bless sweet Ruby for getting the Pugs out so fast - so very like her. But just a reminder, K, you have not been released for duty as volunteer firewoman yet, so take her easy, girl.

And as for D, hope that's anonymous enough, tell her I said hello, or I'll tell her hello myself if she checks into Opinionhead, and gently remind her that while she IS part of Lola's extended family (30 years, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada), I WAS THERE FIRST!!!! Just kidding, D, I would not want you to put the safety of you and your family in the hands of anyone OTHER THAN MY WONDERFUL OPINIONHEAD.

So with all good intentions in mind, and realizing Robin probably has no clue what I'm talking about, I'll slooooooooooooooowly say good-bye, good-bye, good-bye, hugs and kisses, bye, see 'ya soon, I'll call, call, bouyi Ruby, miss you, bye, talk soon (er or later.) Bye.
TURTLE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belles, you sound so much like T.T., I'm starting to suspect she has multiple personalities instead of sisters. (laughing)

T.T. Thomas said...

SCORECARD:

Belles=my sister Mary; a childhood nickname I gave her.

Lola=me; a childhood name Belles gave me.

Ruby=Karyn R. Pierce, whose childhood nickname was KarryBeary.

D=C;My favorite Realtor, (see prior blogpost) but her name is really C, now.

Elizabeth (Liz)=Babe or Liza, my other sister.

And Robin, we even sound alike on the phone!

Anonymous said...

Belles & T.T.:

Look what I found! It's a picture of the two of you and instructions for uploading video to YouTube. Bookmark it.

T.T. Thomas said...

Ohhhh....thanks RM! I've bookmarked it. Now I have to get up the courage to actually view it. I mean, what if I still don't get it? Nah...I'll get it, surely, if thoses two kids can. I think.